Monday, June 22, 2015

Aspects of the Classroom

In my classroom we have many unique aspects of which I would like to bring to a middle school classroom. Some of those aspects include a reading area, quiet area, as well as the set schedule for each day clearly listed and easily understood by each student. Below are some pictures of the various aspects in my current classroom.

The schedule we follow every day. It is easily understood by my pre-k kids! I believe it is very important to keep to a set schedule so students know exactly what to expect and prepare accordingly. Currently my students know exactly how our day goes, how we start the day and what comes next. I find that this helps with classroom management because students transition much better when they know what is expected of them.

The quiet area! I would love to have a quiet area in my middle school classroom. Having a place where students can be alone and not bothered is a nice escape for them. If I am having behavior problems in my class I send my students here where they can look at books, the fish or just cuddle the stuffed animal. It gives students the opportunity to cool off and regroup.
The reading area. I plan on having some kind of reading area in my middle school classroom, or at least comfy chairs and bean bags where students can relax comfortably with a book and read.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Ancient Egypt PBL Winners

 In an attempt to make learning fun in the time of Covid, I did my first PBL (Project Based Learning). Students were given a packet at the b...