Tuesday, May 3, 2016

End of the Year Medieval Dinner Party



I would love love LOVE to throw a Medieval Dinner Party during the last week of school as a way to celebrate the year as well as end the unit on Europe in the Middle Ages with a bang.

I am currently brainstorming what I would like this party to look like.  I have found costume ideas, food, and a lesson on manners during the middle ages found on TPT. I have been thinking about maybe having games as well, that will depend on how long the dinner takes.

I would like to make this a sort of end of the year project, where students have to research how each social class lived, including how they dressed, where they lived, and what they ate. I was thinking of sectioning the students off into each social class, but we will see. I am so excited! I feel like my mind is going a mile a minute! I LOVE learning about the Middle Ages and I am so excited to share my love of it with my students. I want to make this something the kids will never forget!

Other useful resources:
Fonts to use for invitations.

Design your own crest. (for classroom decorations)

Some books to read as a class.

Coat of Arms; meaning of colors and symbols

Illuminated Letters

presentation of medieval art, music, and coat of arms








No comments:

Post a Comment

Ancient Egypt PBL Winners

 In an attempt to make learning fun in the time of Covid, I did my first PBL (Project Based Learning). Students were given a packet at the b...